26 March 2013

Signs of Life

Although it does feel like Winter is dragging on and on, we did have some lovely almost Spring weather over the weekend. And with the slightly warmer weather  comes some signs of life. Seoul is slowly, slowly peeling off its drab grey Winter coat.

These shots were all taken on our roof garden. I get so excited when I spot the little patches of bright green in our lawn, or when I see the first new shoots on our azaleas. With everything lying dormant and brown for so long, it always seems a little miraculous when it all suddenly bounces back to life.

7 comments:

  1. We've had some almost autumn weather in the last couple of days. I'll be very glad to say goodbye to summer, but the forecast for the weekend is 30+! It seems the whole world is off-tilt this year with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing about the crazy, never-ending Australian summer! Hope Autumn arrives soon and gives everyone a bit of a break from the heat...

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos Emily and I love that you have a rooftop garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of the best things about our Seoul apartment! We are on the 28th floor, and they kind of cut a corner off our apartment and made a giant balcony/garden on top of the roof of the apartment below us. It is pretty awesome (the dogs love it too)! I will miss having a garden with a view when we move!

      Delete
  3. Hello Emily, i have just found your blog via inside out magazine, & i must say, you have created a very cheery little space on the web. I have enjoyed having a peek & love your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenni! Thanks so much for stopping by, and for your lovely comment! You've made my day! :)

      Delete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.