12 September 2012

Collecting Colour : September is Pink

Where oh where is this year going? I got a bit panicky typing the title for this post. I mean September?!! How did that happen? Sigh. 

Pink hasn't ever really been a big part of my life. I have never been a girly girl, never had a Hello Kitty crush or dreams of being a ballerina. But putting this collection together I realised pink can be a very happy colour - bright and frothy and fun! (And, for some reason, apparently favoured by book cover designers...). 

In this collection are several books - two vintage favourites (an Australian road atlas and The Pai-Pai Pig), some Wallpaper* guides, and one on traditional kokeshi dolls. There's also some Instax Minis of my ridiculously bright pink tootsies against some vintage pink fabric; some fat quarters (including one from Melissa Bombardiere, her designs are so great); five swap cards (that grey poodle, dear lord!); stickers; Hubba Bubba; a dog sweater (which is now way too small for either Ferdi or Elfi); some scratch and sniff stickers; gingham ribbon and a beautiful Iitalla glass goblet, which we just picked up in Helsinki on our way back from Europe last month.

* * * * * * *

Every month through 2012 I'll be 'collecting colour', and you can join in too!  Link up below, and/or add your photo to the Flickr group here.  And go here to get all the information you need.  



7 comments:

  1. It is such a fun colour isn't it?!

    Great collection. I adore you little dog cards and your pink tootsies are cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa - I always love bright colours on my toes, but this was BRIGHT even for me!

      Delete
  2. I've never been much for pink either ... but I must admit that it is a very happy colour, and I'm sure I'd be surprised at just how much pink I have around the home. Your collection is quite lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Does this mean you might join in with a pink collection of your own? I do hope so! (and I've fixed the link up tool too...)

      Delete
  3. What a sweet collection! I love the way you have incorporated so many different sahes of pink. The feeling of the collectionis so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gloria, that's such a lovely thing to say! I do hope you'll join in this month, you always add such interesting touches to your collections, I've fixed the linky tool thingo so please link up if you do :)

      Delete
  4. I love making my collection, taking photos, and posting before seeing anyone else's. I am always surprised by the things you guys choose! Just when I think I have seen it all...I absolutely love the embroidery string. That little sweater is too cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.