16 March 2012

Death by Doxie : Pig in a Blanket

Yesterday was a gorgeously sunny day in Seoul* - some might even have called it warm (and by 'some' I mean those of us who are so over frozen noses, runny eyes, and bitterly cold Winter days, and who are clinging to any hint of Spring they can, i.e. me).  

But yesterday aside it's still been a bit chilly here and Elfi - not having the giant fluffy out-of-control, desperately-in-need-of-a-haircut fur that Ferdi has - feels the cold more than most.  She's taken to wrapping herself in this little lap blanket, cute yes?

Side note - I originally got the blanket for the husband as he refuses to dress appropriately for the cold when we're at home.  His one concession is that he tucks his t-shirt in to his shorts.  Oh, and he wears ugg boots.  It's not a pretty sight.
*For those of you playing along on Twitter you'll also know that yesterday was a gorgeously sunny day in more ways than one!  You see, I stupidly left my beloved Canon 550D on top of an ATM, and didn't realise until I was looking for it at home a few hours later.  Cue panic/heartbreak mode.

If this had been most other counties I would have kicked myself a bit (a lot) and sobbed quietly in to my pillow that night.  But, this being Korea, I realised there might still be a slim chance that it was out there some where.  And sure enough, it was!  

Some kind Seoul (pun intended) had handed it in to the bank and left a note by the ATM to let me know where it was (thank goodness that although I can't really speak Korean I can at least read it!).  So now my camera is safely back in my happy, happy hands. Hurrah, hurrah and hurrah again!

10 comments:

  1. oh YAY! good things all round! nothing cuter than snuggled pets, doncha think?! way cuter than t-shirts tucked into shorts! haha oh men do have some funny/stubborn ideas about houseclothes. My husband likes to pull his trackies up real high. It's like a glimpse of the future when he will be an old man. Very attractive!
    And hip hip hooray for getting your camera back! that is ace news. Oh that must have felt good. I had a similar situation on the weekend, I thought I left my brand new 1 day old iphone in the car overnight and when I got to the car the next morning it had been broken into. Turns out I had left my phone in the bathroom at home though so it was saved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love the trackies pulled up real high! If I comment on the tucked in tee + shorts + uggs look the husband sometimes does that with his shorts too, just to really 'complete' the look!

      What a relief it must have been to find your phone again - phew!

      Delete
  2. Ah Elfi! So adorable and definitely putting your hubbie's discarded blanket to much better (and cuter!) use. :) Shorts and UGGs! Tsk! ;) Greg had a pair of Crocs that I absolutely loathed but thankfully didn't make it to HK!

    I can just imagine how you must've felt when you discovered you'd left your camera behind but that feeling of finding that someone was kind hearted to give it back would've more than made up for it. So many HURRAHS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crocs are the WORST! Unless you're a chef and you wear them at work only, there is NO excuse for wearing such monstrosities (I feel strongly about this, clearly). Thank goodness they were left behind!

      Delete
  3. Elfi is so adorable! Love those pictures. Do you scrapbook too?
    What a relief that you got your camera back. The chance is slim but thank goodness that there are some "Seoul" that have good hearts and honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SUCH a relief!

      And no, I don't scrapbook. I used to dabble a bit but I just don't have the time anymore, there's so much a want to do!

      Delete
  4. Oh Elfi ... so adorable! Your husband's fashion choices sound about as scary as my dear Mr. On so many days I'm glad we don't have 'drop in' guests ...

    And how wonderful that your camera was so easily returned to you ... it must have been a scary realisation to find that you'd lost it. Some people are so very wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're quite anti-social so drop in guests are (luckily!) not something we need to worry about either.

      I think when I first realised I had left my camera behind I went into denial - I searched the house for about 20 minutes even though I really knew I'd left it at the ATM. So great to get it back!

      Delete
  5. You are very lucky. I'm sad to say that where I live it would of been gone...forever. Glad to hear that you got your "other baby" back!

    And Elfi is oh so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How lucky are you? I couldn't imagine getting a camera back having left it ANYWHERE. Wonderful! The hubbie's fashion sense doesn't sound as wonderful though, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.